Kelmend, The Accursed Mountains & ThethGo Back
Following Voldemorts trail deep in the Albanian mountains
What To Expect
This is a 5 days / 4 nights adventure that will take you from Shkodra to the remote highlands of Albania. Dramatic views, gorgeous landscapes and unexplored areas of the Albanian alps. You will see some of the highest peaks of Albania on this journey, Jezerca, Arapi, Forca Kelmend all of them above 2500m. You will hike from the Accursed mountains part of the Peaks of the Balkans trail to Theth and this hike with take you 2 days.
- Day 1 The first night you will visit the city of Shkoder and we will offer you a tour of the castle something you should not miss. Accommodation is also included.
- Day 2 The second day you will take the furgon that will take you to the valley of Kelmendi. You will enjoy a break at the Kelmendi path with the view of Tamara valley. After that we will stop again in the village of Tamara. Our final destination is Lepushe deep into the north, there you will see the accursed mountains. Accommodation and food is included and will be provided by the guesthouse.
- Day 3 After breakfast is the time to start our hike toward Nikc a little village deep in the middle of the albanian alps. Accommodation and food will be provided by the guesthouse in Nikc.
- Day 4 In the morning is time to restart or second day of hike that will take us to Theth. Once in Theth you will enjoy the beauty of the valley and rest. Accommodation and food will be provided by the gueshouse in Theth.
- Day 5 In the morning after breakfast a furgon will bring you to Shkoder for the end of this tour. On the way back you will stop at Thore pass to enjoy for the last time the view of Thethi valley. On arrival to Shkoder you can decide to spend extra days here since the city has much to offer and use Shkodra as a base for daily excursions.
What To Bring
- Walking Shoes
As a social enterprise we value fairness and transparency. Here is exactly what your money pays for:
|Accommodation & Food||100 €|
|Guide 150€ calculated for 3 persons||50 €|
|Tours & Services||15 €|
|Taxes & Salaries||10 €|
Minimum 3 people.