Beekeeping, a Hands-On ExperienceGo Back
Get up close and personal with a sweet Balkan tradition
What To Expect
Honey and Beekeeping has been vital to the livelihood of rural families in Albania and Kosovo throughout the past few decades strewn with conflicts.
Join us for a 2 hours of sweet fun. We’ll travel 15 minutes outside Shkodra along the beautiful lakeside to the house of a local beekeeper where we will discuss the basics of beekeeping:
- why bees are important to our environment
- how bee “keeping” works
- a little history of beekeeping in Albania
- how honey is extracted from the hive
Ever wondered what the inside of a beehive looks like? Find out! You’ll put on a beekeepers head cover suit and get right up next to the bees.
Finally, we’ll retreat from the hive, uncover our heads and taste the gorgeous raw, unpasteurized honey that is 100% organic with fresh local bread. Want to take a jar back with you? No problem!
- Depart from meeting point: 15 minutes to Beekeeper’s house
- Experience + Tasting: 1 hours
- Return to city center: 15 minutes The bees rarely sting and you’ll be well covered in protective clothing, but if you’re allergic to bees we recommend you don’t come on this activity. You’re welcome to contact us to buy some fresh local honey directly.
What To Bring
- Long sleeve shirt or coat
- Long pants
- Covered shoes
As a social enterprise we value fairness and transparency. Here is exactly what your money pays for:
|Local Salaries||2 €|
|Taxes + Costs||2 €|
Minimum 2 people.